Quadrimestre 2 -
Coordinator : CUV
Teaching staff : CUV, SDR
General course description
The course presents an introduction to the elements involved in managing data persistence. It highlights the main differences between an FMS (File Management System) and a DBMS (Data Base Management System).
Learning basic skills
Basis of algorithmics
- Understand the notions of representation, description and semantics of the data,
- Know how to manipulate different file organizations, perceive their implementations
- Provide the notions necessary to understand later (second-year course) the parameters of a relational BD physical schema,
- Be able to write and understand queries in a relational database.
- Be able to write structured file manipulation algorithms in a suitable pseudo-code,
- Know the principles of the organization of the data in flat or structured files, and to be able to use them,
- Know the basic principles of the relational databases,
Be able to write and understand queries in a relational database.
- Sequential file processing algorithms
- Change processing algorithms
- Database schema: analysis and creation
- BD relational - SQL queries
- Bases de données Concepts, utilisation et développement de Jean-Luc Hainaut, Dunod, 3ème édition