Quadrimestre 4 -
General course description
Further to the "LAN solutions" laboratory, this course includes the connection to a network segment and the setting up of user-oriented services.
Learning basic skills
Notions seen in the different courses on Networks; introduction, transmission, protocols
To be able to build an intranet and to supervise user services, anticipate tasks and responsibilities of a network and services administrator.
A demonstration session takes place in the first semester. Prior to each assignment, a theoretical explanation is given, a debate ends the session.
- Preparing and gathering the technical parameters
- Simple configuration of a router
- First configurations and connection tests
- Creation of users
- Installation and configuration of a server and a DNS client
- Installation and configuration of a server and an NFS client
- Installation and configuration of a server and an NIS client
- Centralisation of users and management
- Installation and configuration of a printing server
- Project of printing management
- M. Van Haelen, Labo 604 - installation and first configurations, ESI
- M. Van Haelen, Labo 604 - network administration and management, ESI
- HOW TOs for LDP projects
- LDP manuals
- NETFILTER manuals and articles
- User Guide UNIX
- A.Tanenbaum, Réseaux, Prentice Hall